· Reads process sheets, blueprints, and sketches of part to determine machining to be done, dimensional specifications, set up, and operating requirements.
· Mounts work piece between centers, in chuck, or to faceplate, manually or using hoist.
· Installs preset tooling in tool posts, turrets or indexing heads, and automatic-tool-change magazine, in sequence specified on process sheet.
· Depresses buttons, toggles, and starts machining operation.
· Observes numerical displays on control panel and compares with data on process sheet to verify dimensional adjustments, feed rates, and speeds of machining cuts.
· Turns dials and switches to correct machine performance, applying practical knowledge of general machine operation.
· Inspects first-run piece and spot-checks succeeding pieces for conformance to specifications, using specified measuring instruments.
· Studies job packet and organizes materials for next run to shorten changeover time.
· May set tools before positioning them in machine, using precision gauges and instruments.
· May set up and operate another machine tool during machining cycles.
· Perform preventive maintenance on machine and maintain cleanliness of work area.
· Completes “Daily Operator Checklist” at the beginning of each shift
· Additional duties as assigned
Computer literate with the ability to learn and work statistical and manufacturing Software applications. Duties require verbal and written communication skills.
Microsoft Office Professional, Word, Excel, statistical and manufacturer software a plus.
Intermediate reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent, or a 2 degree program.
Communication, Problem Solving, Analytical Ability, Interpersonal and Dexterity Skills are important qualities for a Successful Job Performance.
We offer a four day workweek, first and second shifts available, paid vacation, medical insurance, health reimbursement and flexible spending plans, dental and vision insurance, company paid AD&D coverage and short term disability, elective life and LTD. In addition, we offer a 401K plan with 4% company contribution as well as a generous profit sharing, a retention bonus and attendance plan. Off shifts are given a shift differential of $2.00 per hour.
To apply and submit resume